Sunday, September 21, 2008

We did it!!!!

Before all the floods started though, My friend Val and I went on a 5k walk for the Walter Payton Cancer foundation. 6 am and im trying to find her house in the pouring rain!! Finally got there, and to my surprise there were LOTS of people there!!! Nothing was going to stop them!!
Everthing was wet and soaked!!! After a while you didn't even notice it. The walk took us all over Arlington Heights. we finished in 50 minutes and then waited for results to be posted. other people ran the 9.5 mile run they had and so we helped cheer them on. I was such a misrable day but we had a great time. Afterwards we went to a local resturant and drank beer(at 10:30 in the morning!!!)Well worth it!!!

the fashonista ValVal and JulieVal and I Connie Payton

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on walking through the rain - the beer will keep you from catching a cold!

Jake said...

I wouldn't be able to do that.

TracyP said...

Ooh those are some wonderful pics:):)

Anonymous said...

Val looked very pink that weather sucked bad nobody could go in or out of the burbs without getting stranded. U looked very yellow

Anonymous said...

Renee, I am so proud of you!!! congrats hun!!!!!! dixiecorngirl